This ice cream has taken us around the world with flavors. We have gone a little Middle Eastern too.
Makes: 1 quart
Cook time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 250 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Blend the pistachio nuts and wasabi paste with olive oil to make a smooth paste.
- Simmer the cream, milk, and spices in a large saucepan
In a bowl, whisk the sugar and yolks together.
- Add the milk to the wasabi-pistachio paste, and then pour into the egg mix.
- Return to heat until it coats the outside of a spoon.
- Pour the mix into a churner or a freezer bowl for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve with extra toasted pistachio nuts.