If you are looking for an aromatic steak recipe, then this is the one for you, However, garlic and thyme do not only make your steak smell delicious, but
it will help make it even more delicious.
Preparation time: 1 hour and 8 minutes
Serving Size: 2 people
- 2 cloves lightly crushed garlic
- 4 cut sprigs thyme
- 40 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, rapeseed oil, or groundnut oil
- 2 pcs sirloin steak (227 g each piece)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon juice
- 25 g shaved parmesan
- 70 g bag rocket
1. First, remove the steak from the refrigerator at least ½ – 1 hour before cooking.
2. On high heat, place a large frying pan with a heavy base. Cover the steak with oil.
3. Once the pan is hot, place the steak covered with oil and sizzle immediately. Lower the heat to medium and cook the steak for 4 minutes or
desired doneness on each side.
4. Press the steak to test it if it is ready using your fingertip. Rare steak feels soft, medium rare is slightly bouncy, and well done feels firmer.
5. Next, when all sides are cooked, use a tong to pick up the steak and press the fat part to the pan until it is crispy.
6. Add garlic, thyme, and butter on the pan and cook it until it melts. Tilt the pan, scope the melted butter, and place it on the steak.
7. Remove and place the steak on a board, sprinkle with pepper, and cover it with foil loosely. Set it aside for 3 minutes.
8. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan, and rocker on the steak.