This mouthwatering steak recipe has the influence of Argentina and Uruguay n its chimichurri sauce. You can also use the sauce on other proteins, such as fish, pork, and chicken.
Preparation time: 17 minutes
Serving Size: 4 people
- Garlic powder to taste
- Ground black pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 4 pcs new york steaks or rib-eye (1 inch thick)
For Chimichurri sauce:
- ¼ tsp red pepper (crushed)
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp oregano (dried or fresh)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced and chopped)
- ¼ cup onions (finely chopped)
- ⅓ cup parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
1. Sprinkle the garlic powder, black pepper, and kosher salt on each side.
2. Grill the oil well using high heat. Once the grill is scorching, put the steaks on the grill for 3 minutes.
3. Coat the steak with oil and turn it to the other side and grill for 2 minutes.
4. Once all the sides are brown with gill lines, press the centers of the steak with utensils. If it is a bit soft, cook it for a minute. They should spring back after pressing the steak.
5. Remove and place the steak on a chopping board and let it sit for 5
minutes before cutting.
6. Sliced steaks and placed on a plate. Top it with the chimichurri sauce.
For Chimichurri Sauce:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Set it aside for 10 minutes to meld flavors.
2. It can be made at least 1-2 days. If making it ahead of time, cover and place it in a refrigerator.