This is truly a unique and beautiful ice cream. However, if black is not your color in ice cream, you can try the next recipe in this book?
Makes: 1 quart
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Vanilla bean scraped from one pod
- 15 g cream cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1&1/2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup toasted sesame seed
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- Blend the toasted sesame seed until it starts to form a paste.
- Whisk the salt and cheese together and set aside.
- Next, mix the cornstarch with a bit of the milk and set aside
In a large saucepan, combine milk, cream, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and the black sesame paste.
- Bring to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add the cornstarch mix and whisk this mixture into the cheese mix.
- Then, if you feel it is not smooth enough, strain the mix and freeze as desire Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.